Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support plant and operational needs, by attending production meetings and having an open-door policy to continuously work with various teams (Purchasing, Production, Blending, Management).
- Maintain tracking of inventory and supply needs, and ensure forecasting is accurate to support plant functions.
- Address supply agreements to determine which require improvements in suppliers’ cost, lead and delivery time, and/or quality specification adherence.
- Develop cost saving measures in all sectors that can be employed to increase yearly revenue and decrease shrinkage.
- Determine methods of inventory reduction, using accurate forecasting, effective inventory turnover, and efficient inventory monitoring and utilization.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in purchasing and procurement.
- Preferred candidate will have 2+ years’ management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with company employees and outside suppliers, and be a team leader within the organization.
- Must be a highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Must have a strong understanding of manufacturing, inventory control, supplier contract negotiation, and how to connect all facets of management to promote best business practices.
- Ability to identify issues within the purchasing, manufacturing, and scheduling processes and strong problem-solving skills to address and improve those issues.
- Strong computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.